Monday headlines

So, once again, Elias is running a fever and is not feeling very well. I am hoping it is just from teething again because he also has a pretty bad diaper rash and runny nose :( I just hate it when my kids are sick, but I love "mothering" them back to health! I feel like we just did all this not that long ago (2 weeks ago to be exact)!


We had a very good weekend. Nick and I actually got 2 date nights thanks to Nick's brother Stephen! Friday night we met up with our wonderful friends Joy & Delray Wannamacher for a relaxing evening at the Flying Horse. We sat out on the balcony next to the outdoor heater and enjoyed a very delicious dinner, wine, and dessert. That place is so beautiful, where we were overlooked the lush green golf course! We had such a great time and didn't get home until 11 p.m.! What a late night for us party animals :) Then Saturday night we went to dinner with some really close friends Tucker and Julie Wannamaker. We went downtown to Phantom Canyon and enjoyed great food, dessert, and great company! We felt so spoiled getting to do this two nights in a row! It was such a treat to catch up with friends and spend some quality time with them without having to inhale our food, talk over screaming or crying kids, or leave early just before one, or both, have a meltdown :)Ever since we had kids, date nights and nights out with friends are few and far between :) If you have kids, then you know what I mean!! We were so grateful for this time with friends!

I ordered the new 3G iphone on Saturday after using a cheap prepaid phone for months after little Elias threw my phone and broke it. I am really excited about it and hope it comes quick. They said it would take 10 to 21 days! Which, I feel, is really not that bad. I will be able to just take that to the gym instead of my phone and ipod. 

Refinanced our house on Friday. Actually, this wasn't planned, but our mortgage company called me a month ago asking if we would be willing to refinance if they lowered our interest rate to 5.5%, payed all costs, and sent someone out to the house to close! I couldn't believe it! This lowered our mortgage by $260!!! What? Of course we will refinance :)

Jaedon's 4th birthday is this Saturday August 2nd! I can't believe my little baby is already 4! He is growing up way too fast and is becoming such a little man. So, I have lots of preparing to do before Saturday.

Went to church yesterday and listened to Jimmy Evans speak. What a vivid reminder to stay in the protection of God and His word. What an incredible sermon!! Everyone who didn't go should download the podcast from itunes...it is worth listening to! Came home only to find our microwave broke :( How will I live without one for a while?!? Nick got some alone time with his brothers and went to go see the Batman movie while the kids took naps and I got some quiet time. 

Also, we hadn't received our stimulus check yet, or our tax returns, so I spent time on friday doing my favorite thing in the whole world, talking to the IRS!! Come to find out, they sent the checks out in June, but the post office sent them back because Nick never changed his address and they wouldn't forward it!!! They said they had the checks there and would put them back in the mail, but it would be 3 to 4 weeks!!! WHAT?!? Why does it take that long? Oh well, I am just glad I called because they would've never contacted us. We might have to buy a new microwave with it, so hopefully it will arrive sooner than later :)

Well, I better go do something productive!! Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine :)

1 comments:

Rebekah said...

We're so bummed we missed the party - looks like it was great! Love you guys!